Minnesota Paternity Action Attorney

Minneapolis Paternity Attorney

In Minnesota, when an unmarried woman gives birth to a child, the law automatically grants her full custody. For the unmarried father to have any rights, he must file a paternity action in court and be adjudicated the father. The mother may chose to file a paternity case to adjudicate paternity of the father and to secure child support payments from the father.

At El-Ghazzawy Law Offices, LLC, we have in-depth knowledge of Minnesota’s paternity laws and represent unmarried fathers seeking custodial and parenting time rights, as well as unmarried mothers requesting child support.  For trusted advice regarding your paternity case, call our office at 612-659-0199.

Experienced Legal Advocates

A paternity action determines who is the biological father of a child. As your advocate, we will initially seek cooperation from the opposing party through negotiation. If that is not possible, we will properly serve and file the necessary paternity documents and represent you in court.

Once paternity is established, we will assist you with all related matters, including:

  • Child custody and parenting time — After the court determines fatherhood, the father may seek custody and parenting time. We can help you create a parenting schedule that works for you and your child.
  • Child support— After paternity is established, the father may be obligated to make child support payments. Our legal team can calculate the payments and help enforce the court ordered child support obligation.

Paternity proceedings most often involve custody rights and child support. However, they are also important for adoptions and inheritance purposes.

High Quality Legal Representation in the Twin Cities

To learn more about how a paternity action works or to file a paternity complaint, please feel free to contact us.

Our offices are conveniently located in a stately mansion near downtown Minneapolis. Free parking is available in the lot behind the building.